Lectures are held on Thursdays, Saturdays and Tuesdays in the Biffen Lecture Theatre. A brief summary of the lectures is below. More information can be downloaded for synopses and timetables.
- Molecular Biology of the Cell Nucleus I & II
- Genetic Systems of Prokaryotes
- Gene Expression and Cell Decisions
- Yeast as a Model Organism
- Genome Organisation and Genomics
- Chloroplasts and Mitochondria
- Cytoskeleton and Mitotic Cell Division
- Membrane Trafficking
- Intercellular Communication I & II
- Development I & II
- Development II (cont.) & III
The practical classes are designed to give experience of major experimental techniques which are in current use in cell biology and which illustrate fundamental concepts in cell biology.
Practicals are held on Tuesdays or Fridays in the Department of Zoology.